The Plasencia Group has one priority: Your success.
National presence. Local knowledge. Exclusively hospitality.
Successfully transacting your engagement on the most favorable terms makes us successful too. With our interests aligned, The Plasencia Group’s team offers candid, meaningful advice on your hotel and resort assets. The Plasencia Group specializes exclusively in the hospitality industry, making our company the premier choice for independent and institutional hotel and resort owners, investors and lenders seeking advice on their holdings. Our firm offers transaction services, capital markets and consulting & advisory services with industry experience that spans four decades. The Plasencia Group has earned the respect and repeat business of our clients for a reason; we make you successful.
Property Sales & Investments
Since 1993, The Plasencia Group has been a national leader in hospitality investment transactions. The Plasencia Group provides personalized investment services to life insurance companies, banks and pension funds, real estate investment trusts, and other owners of hotels, resorts, and golf courses throughout the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. The Plasencia Group’s principals have completed billions of dollars in hotel transactions in their combined careers and have executed some of the most challenging and complicated trades in the marketplace. Over the years, our professionals have worked with nearly every major brand, property type, operator, and ownership group in the lodging investment arena.
- Principal investments
The Plasencia Group has been a trendsetter for over twenty years in the manner in which hospitality assets are underwritten and then marketed. These are the key points that set The Plasencia Group apart from others:
- Focused Approach – The firm prequalifies every prospect for a property before making any contact. This methodology ensures efficiency throughout the marketing of the property and serves as a call to action for potential investors by demonstrating that they are involved in highly competitive, select process.
- Unmatched Data – Utilizing our proprietary lodging database technology, The Plasencia Group maintains an up-to-the-minute compilation of the most active buyers, sellers and lenders of hotels, as well as a catalogue of recent transaction and financing data.
- Personal Presentations – Every asset we take to investors is presented personally, with a scripted, tailored, well-founded investment thesis.
- Professional Materials – Over the past three decades, our marketing methodology has set the standard for the industry. Utilizing four-color, hard-bound offering memoranda and a web-based delivery of marketing and due diligence materials, we furnish information professionally and quickly to qualified investors.
- Value Enhancement Recommendations – Every offering is underwritten by veteran professionals who compile a list of observations and recommendations detailing specific upside potential for current and prospective ownership. These enhancement suggestions often generate higher pricing at the time of the sale.
Much of The Plasencia Group’s transaction experience has been in portfolio engagements. The firm excels in targeting the most qualified investors for large-scale deals. We have been engaged to handle the sale of over 25 different hotel portfolios and debt instruments consisting of more than 33,000 rooms in hotels located in 21 states.
New Debt & Equity
The Plasencia Group’s Capital Markets division leverages long-standing relationships with a multitude of lenders and institutional providers of debt and equity, allowing clients to consummate transactions and growth strategies under the most advantageous terms. Our team specializes in orchestrating the refinancing of maturing debt pieces and the restructuring of existing instruments. The division focuses exclusively on hospitality properties, thus offering clients invaluable insight in a very specialized area that includes the underwriting of operating businesses. The relationships, expertise and proficiency of The Plasencia Group’s professionals are essential to the achievement of client goals.
- Equity sourcing
- New debt placement
- Refinancing services
- Restructuring of existing debt
Strategic Advice & Consulting
The Plasencia Group offers a full range of value-added solutions, including portfolio and individual asset strategy, asset monitoring, property valuation analyses, asset management, contract compliance, hotel development and construction management, and financial and strategic planning.
Our team provides extensive experience in assisting hotel owners and lenders in the evaluation of their assets and the development of comprehensive portfolio and individual property strategies focusing on profitability even under the most challenging market conditions. Having been through four separate economic cycles, The Plasencia Group is able to offer clients a robust menu of proven consulting and advisory services for both individual properties as well as portfolios. Additionally, the firm’s senior associates each bring decades of hospitality experience as either hotel owners or operators, or lenders to the industry.
- Asset Management
- Operator contract compliance
- Renovations & new construction
- Partnership guidance
Using the combined experience of our team of operations professionals, many of whom have been overseeing portfolios of hotels and resorts for decades, we seek to uncover upside potential and eliminate value leakage. If warranted, we offer suggestions that might encompass robust operational and physical changes that benefit ownership for the long term. Our team prepares a specific set of action plans, and mentors the property staff to improve hotel operations. Factors that we monitor during an asset management engagement include:
- Revenue generation
- Expense management
- Profit maximization
- Market positioning
- Management proficiency and ability
- Performance benchmarking
- Brand affiliation
- Evaluation of physical plant and property condition
- Capital budgeting and planning
- Transition of the property from one management company to another
Development and Construction Management
TPG Development Management Consultants (DMC), a division of The Plasencia Group, offers a comprehensive menu of services to individuals and companies investing in the hospitality development sector. Architects, engineers, real estate attorneys, franchisees, management companies and ownership groups have all recommended the expert counsel of DMC to their clients in order to successfully navigate and help manage the many unique and often complex components of a hospitality development project.
DMC’s extensive experience in the hospitality industry, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of hotel operations, translates into proven strategies and oversight processes that ensure the clients’ development or renovation investments are carefully managed and protected from project inception to completion. The firm’s team of professionals is experienced problem-solvers who can provide guidance on a range of issues, including:
- Construction debt and equity sourcing
- Renovation planning
- Construction management
- Franchise and management negotiations
- Asset management