National presence. Local knowledge. Exclusively hospitality.
WHAT WE DO
National presence. Local knowledge. Exclusively hospitality.
HOSPITALITY SALES AND CONSULTING SERVICES
The Plasencia Group offers a full range of value-added solutions, including portfolio and individual asset strategy, asset monitoring, property valuation analyses, asset management, contract compliance, hotel development and construction management, and financial and strategic planning.
Sales & Investments
Since 1993, The Plasencia Group has been a national leader in hospitality investment transactions. The Plasencia Group provides personalized investment services to life insurance companies, banks and pension funds, real estate investment trusts, and other owners of hotels, resorts, and golf courses throughout the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. The Plasencia Group’s principals have completed billions of dollars in hotel transactions in their combined careers and have executed some of the most challenging and complicated trades in the marketplace. Over the years, our professionals have worked with nearly every major brand, property type, operator, and ownership group in the lodging investment arena.
Much of The Plasencia Group’s transaction experience has been in portfolio engagements. The firm excels in targeting the most qualified investors for large-scale deals. We have been engaged to handle the sale of over 25 different hotel portfolios and debt instruments consisting of more than 33,000 hotel rooms located in 21 states.
Advice & Consulting
Our team provides extensive experience in assisting hotel owners and lenders in the evaluation of their assets and the development of comprehensive portfolio and individual property strategies focusing on profitability even under the most challenging market conditions.
Having been through five separate economic cycles, The Plasencia Group is able to offer clients a menu of proven consulting and advisory services for both individual properties as well as portfolios. Additionally, the firm’s senior associates each bring decades of hospitality experience as either hotel owners or operators, or lenders to the industry.
- Asset Management
- Development Management
- Operator Contract Compliance
- Partnership Guidance
Using the combined experience of our team of operations professionals, many of whom have been overseeing portfolios of hotels and resorts for decades, we seek to uncover upside potential and eliminate value leakage. If warranted, we offer suggestions that might encompass meaningful operational and physical changes that benefit ownership for the long term. Our team prepares a specific set of action plans, and mentors the property staff to improve hotel operations. Factors that we monitor during an asset management engagement include:
- Revenue generation
- Expense management
- Profit maximization
- Market positioning
- Management proficiency and ability
- Performance benchmarking
- Brand affiliation
- Evaluation of physical plant and property condition
- Capital budgeting and planning
- Transition of the property from one management company to another
Learn more about our Asset Management services HERE.
The Plasencia Group offers a comprehensive menu of services to individuals and companies investing in hospitality assets. Owners, architects, engineers, real estate attorneys, franchisees and management companies and other industry professionals have all recommended the expert counsel of The Plasencia Group to their clients in order to successfully navigate the many unique and often complex components of a hospitality renovation or development project.
Our team’s extensive experience in the hospitality industry, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of hotel operations, translates into proven strategies and processes to carefully manage the client’s development or renovation investments from project inception to completion. The firm’s team of professionals is comprised of experienced problem-solvers who can provide guidance on a range of issues, including:
- Total project administration
- Budget & schedule management
- Contractor & consultant negotiation
- Design process management
- Brand negotiation
- Procurement management
Learn more about our Development Management Consulting offering HERE.
- Is your hotel or resort achieving its fair share of market penetration and yield?
- Are revenue enhancements pursued regularly and aggressively?
- How are you motivating the executive committee to maximize the asset’s bottom line cash flow?
- Is your management team in compliance with all terms of the management agreement?
- What trends or other events within the asset’s competitive set might affect its position?
- Do you feel you are in control of the management of your asset?
- Is your manager positioning the hotel to maximize its value?
- How should ownership and management prepare for a capital event such as a sale, refinancing or joint venture?
- Does the management team keep your long-term objectives in mind while handling day-to-day operations?
- How can ownership extend the useful life of the asset?
- Is the management team spending your investment dollars to promote the brand and not the hotel?
- What other opportunities exist to improve the bottom line?
Debt & Equity
The Plasencia Group’s Capital Markets division leverages long-standing relationships with a multitude of lenders and institutional providers of debt and equity, allowing clients to consummate transactions and growth strategies under the most advantageous terms. Our team specializes in orchestrating the refinancing of maturing debt pieces and the restructuring of existing instruments. The division focuses exclusively on hospitality properties, thus offering clients invaluable insight in a very specialized area that includes the underwriting of operating businesses. The relationships, expertise and proficiency of The Plasencia Group’s professionals are essential to the achievement of client goals.
- Equity Sourcing
- New Debt Placement
- Refinancing Services
- Restructuring of Existing Debt